Now that we’ve had some time to decompress from all the college goodness this weekend, it’s time to take a look back. As always, there were some surprises like TCU giving up a 50-burger to Baylor. Utah State tried their hardest upend the defending champs, but unfortunately football games are 60 minutes long, not 58. There were some dominant performances like LSU taking apart the Oregon Ducks in workmanlike fashion. Wisconsin showed no mercy to UNLV, and much love to Coach Fickell up in Columbus. He took advantage of the schedule and forced the Akron Zips to live up to their nickname with a 42-zip beat down.
Robert Griffin III. All players love rivalry games, and they love them even more when they win. Griffin’s fingerprints were all over this game, 21-27, 359 yards and 5 touchdowns. Last year, Griffin’s play in the big games was less than stellar, but if this is any indication of how he’s going to play, Baylor is going to be a bear to deal with, no pun intended.
Russell Wilson. His much anticipated debut for the Badgers was all that Brett Bielema could’ve asked for. He missed a couple of throws early on, but was deadly accurate after that. He also accounted for the longest rushing touchdown of the game, which has to have Big 10 coaches worried. Next up for the Badgers are the Sun Devils from Tempe. With the Badgers’ run game, and Wilson playing at a high level, they’ll be a load to stop.
Robert Woods. Last year’s Freshman of the Year in the Pac-12 wasted no time squashing the Sophomore jinx. He ran around and through the Minnesota defense to a school record 17 catches, 177 yards, and 3 touchdowns. Obviously, he and Barkley have some good chemistry, and it’ll be tested when the Utah Utes and Norm Chow come to town this weekend.
Sickness Top 10
- Oklahoma (1-0) Jones, Broyles, and company in midseason form
- Alabama (1-0) Rolled over Kent State
- LSU (1-0) Running game and defense carried the Tigers past the Ducks
- FSU (1-0) Nice to start the season with a shutout
- Boise State (1-0) Kellen Moore is the truth
- Stanford (1-0) Rolled over the neighbors from San Jose State
- Oklahoma St (1-0) Brandon Weeden had a field day
- Wisconsin (1-0) Russell Wilson did not disappoint in his debut
- Oregon (0-1) 4 turnovers will lose you a lot of games
- Texas A&M (1-0) SMU may not be ready for the Big 12 after all
- Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
- Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
- Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
- Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
- Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin